Intersog® offers the latest technologies and extensive experience in building easy-to-use and highly secure EHR systems with robust features allowing healthcare providers to easily access patient clinical data, demographic information, medical billing records, and more.
Our software development teams use healthcare industry and data privacy standards, formats and protocols to ensure seamless integration of your EHRs with any software or hardware such as external / internal lab systems, practice management system, medical equipment or insurance provider tools.
Standards we adhere to when building your EHR:
- CPT, and others
Our EHR advisory and development process includes:
1. Assessment of your practice readiness to go digital
This assessment allows us, as your EHR provider, to determine whether your healthcare organization is ready to make changes from paper records to EHRs or whether your current EHR system needs upgrade to a new certified version. At this stage, we envision the future of your EHR use, and set SMART goals. The ultimate outcomes are:
- Assessment report to better communicate the change to your organization’s leadership
- Designation of an internal team responsible for EHR implementation within your healthcare organization (clinical and practice management staff)
- Measurable and realistic goals of EHR implementation
2. EHR implementation planning
At this stage, the Intersog® team makes the following steps:
- Analyze and map out your healthcare organization’s current workflows and processes
- Create new workflow patterns with consideration of how EHRs will enable them
- Create a backup plan to combat issues that may arise at EHR implementation phase
- Create a project plan for transitioning from paper to electronic health records
- Identify specific data elements that will have to be entered into your new EHR system (e.g. patient demographics or provider schedule information)
- Identify possible security and privacy concerns and create a plan to address them
3. Preparing for EHR system development
At this stage, we make the following steps:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of your EHR development team to be set up by Intersog®
- Server options (e.g., Intersog® server, SaaS / Cloud server, your organization’s server)
- Backend integration with your other existing software products
- Privacy and security planning
- Usability and UX design
4. Building your Collaborative Software Development team
At this stage, Intersog® recruitment consultants screen and shortlist candidates that best match your team profile and submit them to you for interview. After the interview, you choose specialists to be placed to your project team. We employ Agile and other methodologies to ensure fast ramp-up stage and team being up to speed in a very short time frame.
5. Scheduling EHR implementation
In conjunction with your Product Owner, your Intersog®-managed team will create a chart abstraction plan and data migration plans, compliance with Meaningful Use objectives and EHR training plan for your internal staff.
6. Helping you achieve a Meaningful Use of your EHR system.
In eHealthcare, Meaningful Use is referred to the use of certified EHR technology with the aim to achieve health and efficiency goals. Meaningful Use envisions solutions that satisfy the following objectives:
- Solutions are able to improve quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare services
- Solutions engage patients and families
- Solutions improve care coordination and public health
- Solutions ensure EHR privacy and security
We help our client companies achieve Meaningful Use of EHRs by performing regular product upgrades, providing support and employee training.
If you don’t want to build your EHR system from scratch and are only looking for your records’ integration with existing EHRs, we have strong experience with data migration and integration through web service APIs or by means of DB or HL7 schema. EHR systems we integrate with are: Greenway, NexGen, Allscripts, Groupcast, eMD, and others.